Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 7 - 8 Sep - Gros Morne, Nfld

This was a very quiet day but probably one which we needed and really says “we’re on a holiday and don’t have a schedule”.
It was raining when I woke up at 8 am…Wayne had been up for God-knows-how-long…and it rained steadily for most of the day. We are both caught up in good books so between eating and lounging under the covers (nap included), there was no problem to entertain ourselves. There was no traffic in the KOA…I’m not sure if there are more that one or two other rigs…and about 4 pm the sun came out and it was warm and very pleasant. I went for a bit of a walk, took some close-up photos of some interesting and different plants and then it was time for supper.
We’ve been watching Planet Earth every day that we don’t have cable hook-up and although I’d seen some of it on television, we are enjoying it so much. I had bought a couple of DVDs in Corner Brook but one is in Spanish with sub-titles and we are both so damn blind that we can’t read it from where we sit so it’s going to have to be an ‘in bed’ movie some night I guess.
The predicted heavy rain hasn’t hit and it seems clear outside tonight so we will be on the road early tomorrow to see the park and some of the stunning scenery at Gros Morne. I’m not sure how long we’ll stay here before heading North along the Viking Trail to Lance Aux Meadows where a Viking settlement has been excavated…supposedly built around 1000 AD. I was there the first time I came to Nfld and anxious to go back for another look. There’s some amazing scenery along the way as the road follows the coast to the Northern-most tip of the island. I’m also looking forward to taking some of those roads off the TCHwy to the smaller fishing villages along the coast on our way back. I’m glad we did the Eastern side of the island a couple of years ago as it’s almost impossible to see, and experience Nfld, in one visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home