Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 5 in Georgetown - Thurs, 22 Nov 2012

Lord...thank you for Grandchildren. They are imaginative little free spirits  that see the world through such clear, uncomplicated glasses.

The morning routine speed by and as per the norm, Tori balked at putting socks on but got immediately distracted by brushing her Barbie's hair. I'm not sure where the issue with socks comes from--Ty was exactly the same and almost drove his parents mad trying to figure out what the problem was. Tori is a bit more dramatic...if the sock is at all floppy, caught anywhere, or just generally not what she wants, she'll hop on one foot and proclaim the 'pain is killing her' until the offender is taken off, and readjust at least twice.  I should be mad; I should be impatient; I should be frustrated and once I stop laughing (which drives her crazy) perhaps I will be. In the meantime, I'm just amazed and mind-boggled at how quickly her attention shifts from socks to what is in her backpack.

Wayne and I are both officially at less than optimum with cold/flu but try to nap/medicate through the day before we pick the kids up and start the supper routine. I'm just refusing to give in to it, however once Tim & Kim come through the door on Sunday night we'll see how much of a cold I really have. I guess it's that 'Mommy' gene most females have that kicks in when you've got no choice but to tend children and make sure their needs are met before your own.

Tori had a bath tonight and as with Ty at that age, I love to watch her play 'pretend' with whatever toy she has and make up stories. Tonight she had two small dolls and had to sing them to sleep and help them learn to swim. As the week has gone on, there has been more and more emphasis on 'Mommy' in her playtime and I know she is missing Kim. It should be quite a reunion Sunday night!

Both kids went to bed well...Ty is asleep in seconds...Tori talked from 8 pm - 9:15 pm and then all was quiet. She doesn't get up or anything...just lays there and laughs and talks. I don't see any of that being a bad thing unless I'm ready for bed and waiting for her to settle down.

Pizza for supper tonight which both kids enjoyed. Thursday night....really?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home