Thursday, February 10, 2011

Florida Trip - Thursday, 10 Feb 11

I went to shopper’s heaven today…and have lived to tell about it. Lord almighty, how many malls/stores/strip malls/outlet centres do these Floridians need? I think…..just think, mind you….that I’m just about shopped out!

We woke up to thick fog—definitely not a morning to cruise around various neighbourhoods looking at potential rentals, and certainly not a beach or pool day. Wayne goes to the gym in Ft Myers, which is just down the street from Edison Mall so he dropped me off there and went and did his thing. The mall has JC Pennys, Daillard’s, Macy’s and Sears as its anchor stores and about 120 other stores. The first 10 minutes in JC Pennys and I’d scored a gorgeous black dress for $30 and a pair of rhinestone shoes for $20.

After 3 hrs of walking, touching, looking, trying on and paying, we headed for home with a quick stop at the Tangier Outlet. Wayne had a sleep in the PrayerMobile while I went into the most amazing jewelry store in existence. It has walls and walls of earrings, necklaces, bracelets for incredible prices. Okay, I know that I already have a 16-drawer jewelry chest full of stuff but……but…….we’re talking $1.97 for earrings and $2.97 for bracelets. Hello!!!!!

I think Wayne is waiting for me to either get it out of my system or max out my credit card. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha…….

It poured rain and while we might gripe about it, the brown landscape sure needed it. The sun and warm weather is supposed to be back tomorrow so I think I’ll give my feet, and my credit card, a rest and just have a pool day. It’s just about time to torment the old folks around the pool by insisting the cover come off anyway.

Until next time, love and hugs to all. xx

2 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love shopping in the U.S. We both know that you haven't finished your shopping until you arrive back in Ottawa. There is always another deal just around the corner.

We also love The Cracker Barrel Restaurants--we enjoyed them in Myrtle Beach in October.

Gillie Bean seems to be over her spell of vomiting & is going back to Maureen's in the morning.

Our bathroom renovations are well under way - it is so exciting!!
Soak up some sunshine for us.

Love Sue

 
At 2:52 PM , Anonymous Mrs. B. said...

Mrs. C,

Alright I've had about a enough of this shopping bargains - like can't you have any ampathy for your Cdn friend who just doesn't get to enjoy bargain prices like that! I think the jewelry prices beat out the 70% off the sale price we got at a Bay sale years ago!! And I can just see you now - breezing through customs on return!! It is even more painful to read your blog when it is snowing outside all today. Enjoy your negotiations with those pool nazis!! Luv Mrs. B.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home