Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Florida Trip - Day 9 - 1 Feb 11

Trying to add a video but blogger is busy so will keep trying!

Yesterday was a down today...packing, throwing away paper, getting car washed, etc...also, no blog. Truth is, I went to the outlet mall while Wayne did most of the above. As if smoking isn't a big enough addiction..... When I came home, my first words were "NO MORE SHOPPING FOR GRANDCHILDREN!" or words to that effect so very little of what I bought was for me!

Today we met our landlord Chris at the condo and we are very pleased with it. It was exceptionally clean and although it would have been nice to be on the 1st vice 2nd floor (for all those bags I haul in), we have no complaints. It has been outfitted with every appliance and tool you can think of and lots of linens. He is quite a businessman; originally from Sweden and after 34 yrs here, has mondo properties and a limosine service. Nice guy though and anxious to please.

We have a cute little porch where we can sit and watch the old folks at the pool (which is heated) or the local boats heading down the canal to the gulf. Chris brought over 2 nice bikes and a new fishing rod for Wayne so we are all set. Everything is quite close to us and this is a sleepy enough community that biking shouldn't be a life-threatening sport. I know Wayne has already taken a temporary membership at Gold's Gym up the road and as long as he doesn't wake me up when he leaves in the morning, we'll all be happy. lol

We did a trip to the grocery store to stock the larder....I keep saying it but boy, I love grocery shopping in the States. Minced garlic in a squeeze bottle was the item that enchanted me today but a 4-day trip home at the end of the month with the half-used bottle may make it much less of a novelty.

If your computers are on after supper, don't be surprised to get a Skype call from us. Until tomorrow: remember, most of you should not be doing strenuous shovelling! :) Love and hugs to all. xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home