Sunday, March 19, 2006


I decided that I'd pack up the new camera (Oly E-500) lenses, and all other equipment in the new camera backpack and head for Andrew Hayden Park. The sun was shining and I was anxious to get back outside and do some photography. I put on the long underwear, ski jacket, warm boots, etc and got to the park only to discover it was a huge sheet of ice! The thaw and subsequent quick freeze had turned the whole place in to a big, bumpy skating rink and walking was very trecherous. By the time I had gone half way into the park I was freezing..the wind was blowing a gale and the sun wasn't doing anything to warm me up. The only other lifeform besides me were two lonely Canada Geese and I decided this whole expedition was an exercise in futility and headed home, fingers frozen and cheeks raw.

There ARE some signs of hope though. This morning I heard a Morning Dove coo-ing outside (I'll curse them later in the year for waking me in the morning), and saw frozen Robin hovering in the grass. Hope spring eternal! I did get the camera out an took some photos of common house sparrows..they seem to be the only thing at the bird feeder these days although once in a while a Cardinal will show up and scatter the rest of the birds, although I never seem to have my camera close when that happens. Once the feeder goes back under the trees I should have more luck. I'm anxious to start using my new lenses and see something other than sparrows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home