Saturday, February 11, 2006

Last Day in Paradise


I know for a fact that there are many places that are just as beautiful as this and where the weather is just as good..yada yada..but I know that I've loved it here. It's been a wonderful holiday and that is evident by the fact that I have no money left and I wish I could stay longers.

We went into town today--I had to get just TWO more pairs of sandals and just a COUPLE more pairs of silver earrings. I know it drives Wayne crazy and I just tell him that I'm preparing for retirement when I won't have any money to buy 'stuff'. Hopefully that's not true!

I went down to the beach very early this morning and took a video of the waves so that we would see and hear what they looked like when we get home, perhaps during the next big snow storm. One of the things I looks forward to most is not having to go out early in the morning, clean off the car and fight traffic to work. I hope that for the worse of the winter, I'll be in Mexico or somewhere equally as warm, feeling sorry for all those at home who can't be enjoying what I am.

I think what I enjoy most about being anywhere south is all the lushness and green-ness around, especially the flowers. Here they have Hybiscus hedges and Boganvillia everywhere in the most vibrant colours...even in pots all over the patios. Oh well, we'll just have to start saving our money to come back...and stay longer!

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that,that flower looks a little sick. Couldn't you have found a much more livelier one?
Just kidding. DEAN

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home