Thursday, December 20, 2007

I'm Getting Nervous!!


There are only 9 days left until the LuvMasheen pulls out for points South. The question is....are we going to get out of Ottawa?

For the past 5 or 6 years, I've been a real smart-ass about not missing the mountains of snow I remember from my Ottawa childhood. I have photos of Wayne's Mom walking the dog on past Christmas Days, sun shining and not a flake of snow in sight. After that awful winter of 1980, when we bought the whole family X-Country skiis and it turned out to be the first green Xmas in local memory, weather has not been a major Xmas issue.....until this year!

Our dream has always been to buy a small RV and spend the winter sitting on a beach somewhere in the very deep South, driving our family & friends crazy with e-mails about the margueritas and tans we are experiencing. We just didn't think about the potential of having mountains and mountains of snow that might become an issue in driving to that destination.

I hear there are 2 days of rain in the forecast, which may eliminate the volume of snow, and as long as 'flooding' or 'freezing' doesn't become the next weather issue, rain is welcomed. I know that the first few days on the road will be a tad nerve-wracking (for me) but at some point the snow will disappear, the sun will come out, the we will officially become 'Snow-Birds'.

Lots of info to follow--hopefully all related to Margueritas and tans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home