Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 32-Fri, 30 Jan 09-Malibu, California




Oh how wonderful to wake up to the sun streaming in the window! Now THIS is what we've travelled a gazillion miles to experience. I actually had to break out from under the quilt last night, even though we had the fan going, and I'm sure it wasn't a hot flash--just a warm night.

We have decided to stay at this RV site for two more nights..it's really lovely here and we just feel like enjoying it. That's what the trip is all about, right? We did want to sit on a beach though and packed up the van and headed back towards Santa Monica. Before we reached it however, we started driving past the Malibu Beach, saw the big pier and turned in. We were able to get a parking spot right by the boardwalk--which makes it convenient to go back for cold drinks, food, etc--and ended spending the better part of the day.

We wandered the pier first. It's a combination of amusement park, fishing pier, restaurants, and harbour patrol....loved it! We sat and had a coffee and people watched for a while...it was great. While we were strolling we noticed that besides the usual pelicans, seagulls, and cormerants, there was a school of dolphins plus a few sea lions next to the pier. When we looked down in to the water, we could see millions of small fish..like sardines...and I'm guessing that's what the action was all about. Very entertaining. Wayne said he saw a tuna just lazing at the top of the water as well.

The beach was almost empty when we arrived and by 1 pm there were more people but certainly not crowded. I'm sure on nice weekends or later in the year, it can get pretty crowded. A few people were in swimming but it's still a tad too cold for me!

I kept my eyes peeled for a celebrity but didn't see anything but a skinny old man in a thong. Once I'd swallowed the bile, I figured I'd have to hang out there all day, every day, and "Sorry Matthew, but I'm just too darn busy!"

I expect tomorrow we'll just wander down the road to the beach area by the RV park...although trying to cross the highway is a life-threatening event. The traffic is constant and they travel fast.

Remember Carmel in your thoughts and prayers...she's doing great but extra positive thoughts from all of us just can't hurt. I'm missing my baby HoneyB...he gave us his whole supper menu on the phone the other night...Lord, I love that child!

Until next time, love and hugs to all. xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home